Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Gaining a Little Perspective

This week has been a little rough for me.  I’ve received some difficult news and I’m trying to adjust to some new information.  I’ve had less time to write, which makes it even harder because that’s really my outlet for stress.

I’ve been wallowing in the blues for a few days, but yesterday, we had something happen that woke me up to all of the blessings I have.

Yesterday, we had a rainstorm.  I’m not talking about a quick afternoon shower.  Yes, it was quick, but it was downpour, including hail.  Unfortunately, there was so much rain in such a short amount of time (it only lasted about an hour maximum) that we had flash flooding across the entire town.  Streets were closed, and an entire area was almost shut down.

I got a call from my sister yesterday evening because they had a leak in their basement.  We rushed over, but the five minute drive ended up taking half an hour because of all the roadblocks.  When we finally got there, their basement apartment was so flooded they were using snow shovels to try and get the water out as fast as possible.  It was a losing war, and we ended up removing everything from their apartment before tearing out the carpets.

So now, we’ve got some house guests.  And we love it.  I get to spend some extra time with my nephew. 

But my previous problems don’t seem that bad next to relocating.  I guess I just needed a little perspective on what I do have.  I really am blessed, and I need to focus on the good, not the bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment