Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 Goals and Resolutions

Happy 2015! 

Last year, I posted a list of my writing resolutions I wanted to accomplish, and I was able to not only complete each one, I also accomplished more than I expected.  I attribute a lot of that to you, and the support you gave me.

This year, I’m going to try and push myself even more.

First and foremost, since it is a new year, I’ve been experimenting with rearranging.  Saturday, I had our neighbor come over and we rearranged our front room.  (You know you have a nice neighbor when he’s willing to move a piano on a night of relaxing.  So I’m going to be playing around with some of the way that the blog looks.  Not a whole lot, but hopefully it makes it a little easier to navigate.

Other than that, here’s my list for this next year.

1.       Focus on publishing. 
Unfortunately, I have the personality that will edit and revise a work to death because I know that no matter where I stop, there will still be something more I can change.  My husband and I have a deal though, he applies for internships, I send out queries.  I think right now, I’m going to say start with 5 a month.  That should be pretty doable.

2.       Participate (and win!) both Camp NaNoWriMos and the regular NaNoWriMo.
I can’t believe I didn’t add that to my list last year.  I was able to participate as the ML, which was awesome.  We’ve even come up with some fun games for our group to play during Camp NaNoWriMo (namely a writing group version of Werewolf.  Yes, be jealous.)

3.       Read 52 books in the year 2015.
Reading helps me write in more ways than I can count.  Seeing how others do it – what makes sense, what doesn’t, it teaches me more than just straight writing.  And I’ve seen that when I critique and read for others working to publish, I learn even more when giving advice.


That’s it.  Nothing specific about any of the WIPs, because I can’t foresee how this year is going to go.  But I’m going to make sure that I’m writing.  That’s the biggest thing.


What are your goals for this next year?