I know I usually don't post on Thursdays, but today is a bit of an exception.
I have just been nominated for a Shine On Award! It's my first blogging award, and I'm very excited, mostly because now I get to acknowledge the awesome bloggers I've come in contact with.
Of course, the greatest thanks goes to Rhyan Scorpio-Rhys for the nomination.
So what exactly does this entail?
Here are the rules:
1. Display the award logo on your blog.
2. Link back to the person who nominated you.
3. State 7 things about yourself.
4. Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award and link to them.
5. Notify those bloggers of the nomination and the award requirements.
7 Things about me:
1. I am bilingual. I leaned Spanish while I was studying in Spain, and my husband and I still speak Spanglish at home.
2. I am part Japanese, but I do not like seafood at all. I think Salmon is the only thing I find tolerable.
3. I am a nurse. I love Geriatrics, but my first love (in nursing specifics) is Alzheimer's and Dementia. I find that fascinating.
4. I've played the piano since I was 6. And the first piece of furniture I bought when I got married was a small spinet piano.
5. Thanksgiving is my most favorite holiday. Actually, there are days when I just crave a good Thanksgiving, so I invite friends over, make 5-6 pies and have a whole Thanksgiving dinner. Doesn't matter if it's actually November.
6. I color code my house. The kitchen has to be red and black. The bathroom has to be violet and moss green. This is how I organize.
7. I am a huge Messi fan. Which doesn't bode well in our home, since my husband is a staunch Real Madrid fan.
My Nominees for the Shine on Award: