Friday, July 18, 2014

Emotional Engagement

Last week, my brother and I got in a teensy argument about the difference between books and movies. 

He said that it was difficult to really become emotionally engaged while reading because they can’t see the emotions being portrayed by the characters.  With movies and TV there’s always background music to alert the watcher as to how they should be feeling and reacting.  It’s more than just reading, it’s a whole experience.

For me, I feel like reading can get more emotional for me.  There’s the opportunity to really get into the character’s head.  I don’t just know what they’re thinking by watching them, I know because their thoughts are right there.  Their reactions and emotions are available for me to experience with them.


So out of curiosity, I want to see what you all think!  Please vote below!



What medium do you find the most emotionally engaging?
  
pollcode.com free polls 

2 comments:

  1. Maybe your brother simply isn't reading the right books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's entirely possible! He also creates his own videos, so I think that's more how he sees things.

      Delete