Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Reading Books

Last week, on Google+, one of my friends announced that she was so close to achieving her goal of reading 50 books this year.  (Which, Vanessa, I think is awesome!  I bet you’ll make it!)
Her post made me stop and wonder, “Why didn’t I think of that?”  I had so many goals for this year, and many of them involved writing.  Yet, writing and reading walk hand in hand.  Why didn’t it occur to me to make a reading goal?

This year, I think I’ve read more books than I have in the past several years.  One of the reasons has to do with the fact that I finally broke down and got an e-reader.  (Or rather, I convinced someone to get it for me for Christmas).  The ability to have any book at my fingertips was too irresistible.  I can’t say that I did horribly this year.  I’ve read about 35 books, and I’ve grown to love some new series, which was just as important.

Unfortunately, as I dive deeper into the world of writers and readers, my to-read list has increased even faster than I can keep up with.  IT’s one of the only features of Goodreads that I really benefit from.  At least now I can keep that list in one place that I can find.

But it made me realize that maybe I’m not pushing myself hard enough.  Reading that many books isn’t too hard, as long as I manage my time wisely.

So in 2015, I’m going to read at least 52 books.  One for each week of the year.  Pretty reasonable, right?


My question for you is: any good book suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment