Monday, January 25, 2016

Next Phase

Whew! It’s been a whirlwind over the past few months. Just to recap, last April, I started to get the inklings for this new book (which eventually turns into a series). Over the next few months, I let it sit in my mind. I let it simmer until it was ready for it to come to life. Last August, September and October, I took the necessary time to outline and plan this novel. Unlike most of the others I’ve written, I took my time.

Last November, I wrote the first book in the series in just 14 days. Then I used the rest of the month to write book 2. Having spent so many months letting the story simmer and preparing the background, this story jumped out onto the page.

After finishing the second book, I decided to use the next three months to do my second revision on book 1. My plan was to finish before going to LTUE in February. But I think I had the high from writing that much in one month, and I finished my revisions last week.

330 pages revised in 6 weeks


Now it’s out to 4 different betas, and now it’s time to figure out what to do in my time before LTUE.


So now, I’ve got my options wide open. Any ideas or advice?

No comments:

Post a Comment