Monday, January 6, 2014

New Year, New Goals

Happy 2014!

It’s the beginning of the New Year, which means a time of self-reflection and new starts.  I have quite a few New Year’s resolutions, and as many of you might guess, many of them have to do with writing. 
So here’s my list so that you can all keep me on track.


1.  Finish writing synopsis for Red WIP, revise query.
2. Send out first batch of queries by the end of January.
3. Rewrite Blue WIP
4. Revise Yellow WIP


Having a clear list of goals is what really excites me for this year.  And I’ve already started.  I’ve finally written a draft of the synopsis that I like.  It’s at least the right direction.  Though I’d much rather write an entire new novel than a synopsis.  I think I’ve put too much pressure on it, though if my dozens of query drafts are any indication, I’ve still got a ways to go.

I’ve also written a clear outline on my Blue WIP with several changes that I really feel good about.  I figured out what was wrong with it.  Mostly just the beginning and the middle.  And most of the ending.  I started a new draft yesterday, and I’m already excited to keep going. 

I’m off to a good start, and I hope I can just keep this energy up! 


What resolutions do you have for 2014?  Are you already working toward them?

2 comments:

  1. Great goals -- and super job that you are already working on them. One of my goals is to start a blog. I've enjoyed following several blogs, including yours, and hope to share some info on my own blog in 2014. Happy writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great goal! I'll be looking forward to reading it once you put it up!

      Delete