Monday, January 5, 2015

2015 Goals and Resolutions

Happy 2015! 

Last year, I posted a list of my writing resolutions I wanted to accomplish, and I was able to not only complete each one, I also accomplished more than I expected.  I attribute a lot of that to you, and the support you gave me.

This year, I’m going to try and push myself even more.

First and foremost, since it is a new year, I’ve been experimenting with rearranging.  Saturday, I had our neighbor come over and we rearranged our front room.  (You know you have a nice neighbor when he’s willing to move a piano on a night of relaxing.  So I’m going to be playing around with some of the way that the blog looks.  Not a whole lot, but hopefully it makes it a little easier to navigate.

Other than that, here’s my list for this next year.

1.       Focus on publishing. 
Unfortunately, I have the personality that will edit and revise a work to death because I know that no matter where I stop, there will still be something more I can change.  My husband and I have a deal though, he applies for internships, I send out queries.  I think right now, I’m going to say start with 5 a month.  That should be pretty doable.

2.       Participate (and win!) both Camp NaNoWriMos and the regular NaNoWriMo.
I can’t believe I didn’t add that to my list last year.  I was able to participate as the ML, which was awesome.  We’ve even come up with some fun games for our group to play during Camp NaNoWriMo (namely a writing group version of Werewolf.  Yes, be jealous.)

3.       Read 52 books in the year 2015.
Reading helps me write in more ways than I can count.  Seeing how others do it – what makes sense, what doesn’t, it teaches me more than just straight writing.  And I’ve seen that when I critique and read for others working to publish, I learn even more when giving advice.


That’s it.  Nothing specific about any of the WIPs, because I can’t foresee how this year is going to go.  But I’m going to make sure that I’m writing.  That’s the biggest thing.


What are your goals for this next year?

No comments:

Post a Comment