Wednesday, September 7, 2016

September Plans

Does anyone know where August went? I’m not even sure if we had the full 31 days. It’s been a whirlwind, and unfortunately, it feels like writing has taken a backseat while I try and get my life back on track.

But this month, I’m going to focus on my writing. Now that the vacations and fun time are over, it’s time to buckle down.

I’ve learned over the past year that the best way to get things done is to set goals, and let other people know those goals so they can keep track of me. My writing partners are fantastic at keeping me responsible, but also being forgiving when things get in the way. But I’m also going to post it here so I can remember my goals.

1.       Finish this revision of Hooked. I got about 2/3 of it done during July, and then I’ve only got a few scenes done in August. September is the month to start!

2.       Start outlining for book 3. This year’s NaNoWriMo, I’m planning on writing book 3 of this series. We’ll see if this is the end or not. I need to develop some characters, as well as finalize the sequence of events.

3.       Start preparing for new book. Last year, during NaNoWriMo, I was so excited to write that I blasted through book 1 in 14 days. Fortunately, I had a good idea of what would happen in book 2, so I ended up just writing that book in the remaining 16 days of November. I want to make sure that I have a backup, in case I get through book 3 faster than expected. Also, I’ve been wanting to write this story for a few months now, so this seems like the best time to do it!



Nothing too extreme, but definitely something to work toward! What are your goals for September?

No comments:

Post a Comment