Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Reading Reviews

I have a question for all of you reader-writers out there.

How much do you read reviews?  Especially before reading something? 

I’m finally through with the first two books in the Divergent series and just bought the third.  Unfortunately, I read a few of the reviews because I was curious.  And a lot of them were not positive, which was disappointing.  I hadn’t meant to do it, and I don’t think I’ve ever read reviews before reading a book.

Now that I’ve read the reviews, I feel like I’m going into the book with my perception already tainted.  I love reading reviews after reading a book or watching a movie because I enjoy comparing my own opinions to the opinions of others.  But knowing their opinions before reading makes me look for what the other readers pointed out. 


So my question is: Do you read reviews before reading a book?  Do you read reviews at all?  

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you, Krista; I tend not to read reviews before reading a book. Occasionally, like you, I will read them afterwards, simply to see if other readers have the same opinion as I do.

    ReplyDelete